Furnace Repair Services in Lancaster, OH
Furnace Repair Done Right.
At Lancaster Furnace & Air Conditioning, your comfort comes first. With our range of heating services, you no longer have to live in discomfort! Regardless of what your unique home heating system needs may be, Lancaster Furnace & Air Conditioning can help you with anything related to your furnace, heat pump, or heating components, whether it be emergency or non-emergency.
Furnace Repair Quick Guide
Common Furnace Problems
Emergency Repair Services
Repair vs. Replacement
Relax While We Fix It.
Find out exactly what your heating system needs to get back in working order. Our team can diagnose any residential furnace problem, no matter the make or model.
$49 Diagnostic Service Call
Common Furnace Problems
Are you experiencing a stubborn furnace? If your furnace is showing any of the following symptoms, these are considered common and may require a professional for repair.
No Heat of Insufficient Heat
This is obviously an issue when you need heat. There could be many issues causing no heat, so call a professional for diagnostic services.
Frequent Cycling on an off
Also known as “short cycling,” this can cause a surge in energy bills. Address this issue quickly, as it can cause damage over time.
Constantly Running Blower
If your furnace blower runs constantly, two likely reasons should be considered: if the thermostat set to the ‘fan’ setting? The fan limit control switch could also be faulty.
Excessive noise in your furnace almost always indicates a budding problem that can turn into an expensive repair if you ignore it.
Pilot Light Out
The pilot light going out is one of the most common reasons that a gas furnace fails to produce heat. Luckily, relighting your pilot light is fairly simple.
Troubleshooting Your Furnace
Gas leaks smell of a strong, sulfuric acid, often described as “rotten eggs.” If you suspect a gas leak, call your local fire department or gas company immediately. Leaking gas can be extremely dangerous and should only be handled by a professional.
Common signs of gas leaks include:
- A hissing or whistling sound near the line itself
- A cloud of dust or white mist near the line
- Bubbles in your water
- Dead houseplants
- Visible damage to your gas line, pipe, or the ground around it
Heating or Cycling Problems
- Confirm nothing is obstructing airflow (i.e. drapes, furniture)
- Check the thermostat – Make sure the fan is set to “on” or “auto,” then try to raise the temperate 5 degrees and give it a moment.
- Check the Filter – Replace dirty air filters regularly.
Relighting your pilot light
- Find the pilot light assembly and its reset switch.
- Set the reset switch to off.
- Wait a moment.
- Relight the pilot light – Turn the knob to “Pilot,” and let gas flow to the pilot. Light a lighter or match, then push the reset button. Hold your flame to the pilot light’s opening. Keep the reset switch depressed until the pilot light is burning steadily. Then, release the button.
- Observe the furnace.
If you cannot relight the pilot light, don’t hesitate to call us!
Unit Has No Power
Go to your home’s breaker panel and look for the circuit that controls the furnace. You’re looking to see whether it’s thrown to the “Off” position, or whether it’s in the middle.
- Manually test the breaker. Flip it back and forth.
- Make sure it is staying in the “On” position.
If you still cannot get power, call a professional for help.
Furnace Repair & Replacement Services in Lancaster, OH
Should I Repair or Replace My Heating System?
All homeowners find themselves asking this question eventually. The answer, however, is different for each home and set of circumstances. The following suggestions are based on our years of experience. If the system is less than 10 years old, it is worth repairing, especially if the cost of the repair is reasonable. However, if you have invested in constant repairs over the years – especially on a machine that is 10-15 years old or older, it’s likely ineffective. Don’t throw away hard-earned money on a furnace that will likely break down soon. It makes more sense to invest in a new, energy-efficient heating system that gives you the peace of mind you need for the next several years of unpredictable winters.
Learn more about Furnace Replacement »
You Should Repair Your Heating System if:
- The repair is relatively cheap and simple.
- This is your first need for repair
- The unit is under 15 years of age
You Should Replace Your Heating System if:
- The cost of repair is too high
- Long history of repairs
- Unit is over 15 years of age
Emergency Furnace Repair in Lancaster, OH
Experiencing a Heating Emergency?
Check these few things before giving us a call:
- Make sure the unit has power.
- Verify your air filter isn’t clogged.
- Check the thermostat batteries, replace them if needed.
- Check for tripped circuits or blown fuses.
Lancaster Furnace & Air Conditioning
Recent Heating Blog Posts
It's easy to take our furnace for granted, that is until it stops working in the middle of winter....
Human survival mainly depends on staying warm, especially during the winter season. This essential...