Heat Pump Repair Services in Lancaster, OH
Heat Pump Repair Done Right.
Has your heat pump been causing problems? We at Lancaster Furnace & Air Conditioning are experts in Heat Pump Repair! We can repair any type of heat pump, no matter the make or model. You no longer have to live in discomfort! Let us repair your heat pump and get your family back to comfort. Schedule repair services today!
Heat Pump Repair Quick Guide
Common Heat Pump Problems
Heat Pump Troubleshooting
Repair vs. Replacement
Emergency Repair Services
Relax While We Fix It.
Find out exactly what your heating system needs to get back in working order. Our team can diagnose any residential heat pump problem, no matter the make or model.
$129 Heat Pump Tune-Up + Check Out
Common Heat Pump Problems
Are you experiencing a stubborn heat pump? If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, these are considered common and may require a professional for repair:
Defective Reversing Valve
Troubleshooting Your Heat Pump
Blowing cold air in “heat” mode
Check your thermostat – Double check that the system didn’t accidentally get set for cooling. Also, check your fan control settings. If you like to run your fan continuously for air circulation and filtering, you may be feeling room temperature or cool air because the system isn’t actively heating. Re-setting the system to heat mode and the fan to auto mode should solve these issues.
Unit is frozen
Ice on the coil impedes airflow and greatly reduces its effectiveness. Do not chip away at the ice with a sharp object. Instead:
- Remove any debris or snow that may be blocking the unit.
- Check for leaking gutters that may be dripping water onto the unit, and repair them.
- Call a service technician to troubleshoot defrost issues.
Heating or Cycling Problems
- Confirm nothing is obstructing airflow (i.e. drapes, furniture)
- Check the thermostat – Make sure the fan is set to “on” or “auto,” then try to raise the temperate 5 degrees and give it a moment.
- Check the Filter – Replace dirty air filters regularly.
OUTDOOR UNIT IS BLOCKED
Your heat pump system needs unrestricted air flow through the outdoor coil to work efficiently and effectively. If your system is not heating effectively or if it is running constantly, check the outdoor unit for excessive debris such as leaves or snow blockages. If the unit is blocked or obstructed in any way, remove the source of the blockage, then resume monitoring the temperature inside.
Heat Pump Repair & Replacement Services in Lancaster, OH
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
All homeowners find themselves asking this question eventually. The answer, however, is different for each home and set of circumstances. The following suggestions are based on our years of experience. If the system is less than 10 years old, it is worth repairing, especially if the cost of the repair is reasonable. However, if you have invested in constant repairs over the years – especially on a machine that is 10-15 years old or older, it’s likely ineffective. Don’t throw away hard-earned money on a system that will likely break down soon. It makes more sense to invest in a new, energy-efficient heating system that gives you the peace of mind you need for the next several years of unpredictable winters.
Learn more about Heat Pump Replacement »
You Should Repair Your Heating System if:
- The repair is relatively cheap and simple.
- This is your first need for repair
- The unit is under 10-15 years of age
You Should Replace Your Heating System if:
- The cost of repair is too high
- Long history of repairs
- Unit is over 15 years of age
Emergency Heat Pump Repair in Lancaster, OH
Experiencing a Heating Emergency?
Check these few things before giving us a call:
- Make sure the unit has power.
- Verify your air filter isn’t clogged.
- Check the thermostat batteries, replace them if needed.
- Check for tripped circuits or blown fuses.